Our course provides basic and intermediate training for those interested in learning about Hydroponics. We will guide you through the material and you will receive a certificate of competence upon successful completion. Whether for commerce or domestic consumption you will be well equipped to start your own enterprise.
Each section ends with a short quiz and most contain supporting e-docs. Certificate of Completion on finishing the final section. You have the opportunity of launching this course up to three times with unlimited viewing.
1. Introduction to Hydroponics / History / Definitions / EC, ppm’s and pH.
2. Hydroponic Systems / Choosing the Right Produce / Deciding on a System.
3. Breakeven Point / Automated and Manual Systems / Designing a System to suit you.
4. Plastic or Shadecloth? Tunnels or Gum Poles? Recirculate or Run-to Waste?
5. Choosing the Right Medium / Site Selection / Packhouse / Marketing.
6. Nutrition, Pests and Diseases.
7. Biological Controls, Organics, Packaging, Transport, GlobalGap.
John Sandison has over 20 years’ experience in Hydroponics, growing strawberries commercially and other types of fresh produce. He holds certificates in Business Management and Advanced Hydroponics 1-3 and has taught over 600 delegates in the past 11 years. He has written the book “A Guide to Profitable Hydroponics” and is passionate about urban agriculture, rooftop hydroponics and container farms. John also consults and assists with community upliftment projects.
This course comes with a Certificate of Competence